Hoʻōla Veteran Services 501(c)(3), d.b.a. Hoʻōla Farms
I UNDERSTAND THAT WHILE PARTICIPATING in onsite activities or events at Hilo Food Hub or any other properties managed by or associated with Hoʻōla Veteran Services, Hoʻōla Farms, or its partners that I am agreeing to the following:
- I (or my child) have read, understand, and agree to abide by Hoʻōla Veteran Services Accident Waiver & Release of Liability
- I (or my child) am participating/volunteering my (his/her) services for Hoʻōla Veteran Services on a voluntary basis without anticipation of payment of any kind.
- I (or my child) further certify that I (or my child) am capable of performing the tasks set forth in the opportunity description and know of no physical condition which would preclude the performance of those tasks.
- I agree (or agree to inform my child) to perform only those tasks assigned, observe all safety rules, and use care in the performance of assignments.
- If I (or my child) cannot complete the project or otherwise meet my commitment, I (or my child) will notify the supervisor immediately.
- I (or my child) acknowledge that I (or my child) may be dismissed at any time.
- I understand that my child (or I) may be photographed, videotaped, or recorded and that said photographs, videos, or recordings may be used for promotional materials.
- I agree (or agree to inform my child) not to use any equipment or tools with which I (or my child) am unfamiliar or do not know how to operate safely.
- I (or my child) agree to notify the organization, in due time, if I wish to change the nature of my contribution.
- I agree not to bring any pets to any Hoʻōla volunteer or participation opportunities.
- I agree not to bring any additional people , including friends or children, to the event, unless the additional people have also registered for the event.
- I (or my child) comply with local laws at all times.
- I agree (or agree to inform my child) that I must be 14 years or older to volunteer.
- I agree if my child is 14-15 years old they will need a guardian with them until they complete a minimum of 100 supervised volunteer hours.
- I agree if my child is 16-17 years old they must have written approval from a parent or legal guardian.